Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The REAL Reason I Haven't Written

Welcome, Friends and Strangers! You are all welcome at my table where all the chairs are the same height and the glasses the same size--none bigger or smaller. We all are eye-level.

That's the strange part about life: Many folks refuse to "come down" to eye-level with others. I know in this world there is a hierarchy and status stations which are stringently followed even by those who swear allegiance to the Carpenter Who treated all equally with dignity or rebuke, as human thought or action required.

I tend to read authors who are already dead. (I am not sure what that should say to my about my own writing, or sales thereof...:) A few days ago when I was taking another book from a high shelf in my library, a slim volume literally fell with my motion, hitting me on the head. It was a collection of essays by Dorothy L. Sayers. For those unfamiliar with Sayers, she was a well known for her detective stories, translations of Dante and was an expert on the Middle Ages and the Renaissance. This woman was a lay theologian and Christian apologist who met from time to time with the "inklings"--the group of Oxfords intellectuals which included C. S. Lewis, Charles Williams, and J. K. R. Tolkien.

No comments: