Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Miss Helen Wright, Prayer Warrior

Welcome back to my Table! Could someone pass the cinnamon rolls? Miss Helen Wright loved eating breakfast at an old Birmingham restaurant called Bogue's. They would make these small cinnamon rolls that were tightly wound and baked so the sugar was dark and almost chewy. Because of GI problems, Miss Helen ate like a bird, but she always put one or two of those delectable mounds in a napkin in her purse. I loved going to breakfast with Miss Helen!

By the time I met Miss Helen, there was no equivocation about absolutely trusting Jesus and about the difficult way for the one who chooses to live in that trust. I will write more about this, but I wanted to post a prayer by Captain Drake of the British Navy. A copy fluttered to the floor from a book I pulled from the shelf of a used bookstore in Melrose, Scotland"

"O Lord God, when Thou givest to Thy servants to endeavour any great matter,
grant us also to know that it is not the Beginning but the Continuing of the same
until it be Thoroughly Finished, which yieldeth the True Glory." (Punctuation mine,
capitaliztion his]

I shall return here to write more on this particular subject, but I felt like there were those who would be stopping by this Table who might need a strengthening bite of manna, of holy Bread to help give encouragement and to encourage to be brave like a little child who is trusting fully in a parent to lead, to protect, and to provide.

Blessings, Friends.

No comments: